Phenoxyethanol: Is known as a glycol ether, or a solvent. It is a very common preservative used in many cosmetics and personal care products. Whether you are aware or not, many of your products at home contain it.

Dangers of Phenoxyethanol: It is used as an anti-bacterial in cosmetics and stabilizer in perfumes and it is actually very harmful. It is harmful if swallowed, inhaled or absorbed through skin. It can  not only have an effect on the brain and the central nervous system but  it  can also irritate the eyes, and skin causing blistering . Even though many skin care products (even organic brands) use phenoxyethanol in small amounts and deemed “not harmful” to skin, if used multiple times a day, every day, it can cumulate and possibly have the same toxic effect.